Translate

Sunday 20 January 2019

Travelling ...




We have been on a little getaway ... 5 days, 4 nights ... long distance driving, ferry travel, city driving ... all of which does not make for a relaxing trip. Add to that, the travel intention and destination was not hot hotel sex at a swank hotel in sunny climes with a pool to lay beside, an umbrella adorned adult beverage in hand (we will have that holiday one day!). It was for a medical appointment and visits with family and friends, old and new. 

We got off to a not so good start ... we'd had a spat the night before our departure for which I'd apologized at the time but I quickly found out as we set out, the episode had kept Frank awake most of the night; he had not spanked in the moment because he was angry ... and he had no time to adminster a morning spanking as there was a ferry to catch. Consequently we began with a long but good 'car talk' - I love our car talks ... and this one was no exception. I am still amazed how much easier ttwd makes the communication process ... and there is no getting away from it (especially in a car) ... it is one of our 'rules' that we both be frank and honest with our feelings ... no hiding. I get spanked for hiding and not talking!

The highlight of the trip was a special afternoon spent with a special ttwd friend. I was slightly nervous in the lead up to our get together - what if we couldn't find something to talk about (duh!) ... what if we didn't 'click' ... however, within minutes, after hugs and hellos, we were off in a corner, busily chatting like old friends - friends that could talk ttwd face to face - now that's an amazing feeling! Thank-you, my friend, for making the visit possible!



The lowlight of the trip ... I think my submissive self missed the boat, ferry boat that is :>)) ... it has been almost eleven years since we lived in the city. Old habits die hard ... there were several hand on knee moments as we were driving. Which in answer to, I would tell Frank I was only 'navigating' (in the old days I was a city driver due to my career ... he was a 'burbs driver due to his, so I still think that makes me the better driver ... haha!) ... however, in retrospect, a true navigator might have toned it down a bit :>)) 



Add to the driving (which we had to do a lot of!), we were sleeping here and there - at 2 different hotels plus staying with friends. I found I missed our morning and bedtime DD rituals and routines ... they calm me and help me keep my head in the game. And of course, there was no spanking to be had. I knew Frank was watching and listening ... and was not at all happy with my headspace. 

At breakfast this morning, he asked how I was doing to which I replied I was doing ok ...

Then he paused ....

... "you know you are getting a spanking when we get home"  



A 'gulp' and guilty eyes were the only answer from me ... while my inside voice said "yeahhh ... kind of expecting that would be the case"

We are now heading home ... ferry travel requires waiting so I am filling the time writing this post. However, my mind has raced ahead of me ... and is already home to my delinquent,  submissive self, waiting for my spanky man to arrive and looking forward to my own comfy bed!



Thanks for dropping by .... nj

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad your friend visit went well and I hope the medical appointment went well too. I do enjoy visiting with TTWD friends. I also like being told in advance when I'm getting a spanking, even if I've already figured it out. Somehow hearing it just said straight out helps me focus and find the center I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi NJ,

    Traveling can be so stressful and it's hard when our routines, especially ttwd are out of whack while away.

    How wonderful you were able to meet up with a ttwd friend. So glad the visit went well and also hope the medical appointment did also.

    Now you can look forward to getting home and getting things back to where you want them to be :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe -- NJ. I so get that feeling of wanting to get back home, get that spanking you need and get back to your routine. What a wonderful thing to look forward to -- well, except for when you're in the moment and then maby enot so much.

    I try to imagine what it would be like to meet a ttwd friend in person. It boggles my mind. I've kept this a secret for so long, I can't fathom just casually sitting across from someone with a cuppa explaining the in and outs of a good toasting. :) I hope you had a blast!

    hugs, shell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got to meet a ttwd friend -- I have done it too and once you get passed the 'what will we talk about?' it's great fun isn't it?!

    Hope the medical stuff went as expected or better...

    and enjoy being home and in your own bed.... there's nothing quite like it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is ttwd so dicey when we are away from home? Don't think I have ever made it through a trip without forgetting myself. The reconnection usually means that a paddle makes an appearance.

    Glad you had such a nice visit. Talking with a blogger friend is never the hard part. It is having the time fly by way too fast.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often say the same thing! I'll joke that Matt might as well put the paddle on the bed for when we return, because we both know he's gonna need to use it. I think this lifestyle tends draws folks who flourish on structure and routine -- take that away and I know I'm a basket case! lol

      Delete
  6. NJ,
    Glad you have a fun getaway and hope the homecoming went to your liking.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds as though you had something of a whistle-stop tour, NJ, with all that driving providing fertile ground for getting into trouble. I guess you’ve paid the piper by now and order is restored.
    Glad you had a great visit with your blogging friend and I hope the medical appointment went well.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete