Translate

Friday 31 August 2018

The Last Word


**** This post was written a few weeks ago during a lull in our summer mayhem and then parked in Drafts. Life has calmed down somewhat, however, the 'disconnect' I speak about is still lurking about ... but we're working on it. ****




The other morning Frank came up behind me, nuzzling into my neck and ear ... 

"Just want to let you know I have plans for tonight .... plans for you"

"Okaaaay?"

"I'm not telling you anything ... I thought I'd give you a little something to think about during the day .... you can think about what I might do ... think about what you might want me to do ... "

My first thought .... ohhh sooo sexy! ... my second thought .... as long as we aren't both bagged by the end of the day ... we've got a lot on both of our to do lists and it is going to be another hot day ... 

He gave me a couple of reminders through the day as we passed each other ... a swat there, a whisper here, a wink there. However, as the day wore on, I found myself slipping into what I now call my 'disconnect' mode. I have talked with Frank a few times about this. It seems to be the more 'vanilla' activities that fill the day or that take us away from each other, the more I slip away from my submissive heart (although I still work hard at keeping my actions submissive); my libido drops to zero and I feel the ttwd world slip into surreality ... It's one of the reasons I give kudos to all the young people walking this ttwd road, those with kids and/or careers to tend to. Although I do think a ttwd relationship may have benefited us earlier on in our lives, with the way our lives used to be, I truly don't think I'd have been able to do it. 

After supper, we sat on the deck in the cool of the evening, reading, talking and catching up. I told Frank I was sorry but I didn't think tonight would be a go ... my head was just not in the right space. He didn't push. He accepted my explanation and said there would always be another time. 

Around 9 PM Frank headed inside to watch a bit of TV. I'd been on the hunt for a new book and decided to go again with a 'new to me' author, Ashe Barker (I think I might have found her through PK's Reading Room). She writes very hot and sexy D/s erotic fiction. This night I started the first of a three book series and by the time it was time to go in and head for bed my mood had definitely turned. Before going to bed, I found Frank in the living room. I piled onto his lap for a hug and gave him a long lingering kiss, wanting him but thinking I shouldn't be re-initiating what I'd already turned down. I climbed into bed with a hope that he'd soon follow.

When he got in bed awhile later, he pulled me into him, my back to his front, skimming his hands over my nipples. The man reads me like a book. He continued with soft, light breast play, my nipples now rock hard. 

"Mmmmm ... someone's a little excited" .... 

.... ya think?!

"Go get your headphones and put on your music" ... he said, slipping out of bed 

... Yeeeesss! ... a fist pump happens in my head ... I now know what's coming ... we haven't had a D/s play session since we began ttwd/DD .... let the games begin ...

... musicbyearphonesenigmablindfoldfacedownbondagesoftcuffswristsanklespurplefloggermagicmikewowbeltstrappaddlepurplefloggerbumupfuzeplugjohnnyvmagicmikepurplefloggerrolloverpurplefloggerbreastswahlamaaazing O!! ... 

... and yes he took his sweet time doing all that ... mmmhmmm! ...

After we were done, I draped myself around him and tucked my head under his chin and on his shoulder. Sated, tired and sleepy, I  asked ... 

"Was this your plan for tonight or did you wing it?" ... 

I felt him lift his head and look down at me ...

"Was it what you wanted or expected?" 

"No, I didn't have expectations"

"What do you mean?" ... Frank responded, sounding puzzled

"I didn't want to know ... just the anticipation of what you might do ... that's always the excitement for me" ... 

"So, was it good?" ... 

"It was amazing!" ... "

"Did you enjoy yourself?" ... 

"OMG, yes!"

"Good, now go to sleep" .... 

Ahhh, I see ... his plans were his plans and not mine to know ... and, as is usual these days, my Dominant man always has the Last Word ... 


💞

Thanks for dropping by! ... nj

38 comments:

  1. Hi NJ, oh yes,I can totally relate to vanilla activities causing a disconnect from the submissive mindset. I'm so glad Frank was understanding when you told him you weren't in the right headspace, and even more glad he was able to read you so well.

    Wow, what a wonderful and hot end to the night! His to know and your's to discover :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz ... it was indeed an awesome night. I was pretty sure this disconnect business wouldn't be news to Blogland folks who've been around for awhile. It is a big pain in the arse, however ... or maybe I should say ... a bigger pain in arse is what's needed ;)) ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  2. The dreaded disconnect - my worse problem! I know what you're saying about how hard all this is with kids in the house. But I think we worked harder at it when the kids were here. Maybe the having to wait, the sneaking around added to the excitement - who knows.

    Maybe I should spend more time reading. Sounds like it worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PK ... re that kid thing ... we're still sneaking around somewhat ... given we have 'kids with keys' living in the neighbourhood, we still have to check time of day and day of week before we get into anything too noisy or rambunctious :)) and the reading ... its always been my go to for amping the libido up. I'm always looking for new authors ... thanks for the lead on Ashe ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  3. Hi NJ, I havent commented before, being so new to this ttwd, but you touched a cord with me on this one, and I have been braver after connecting with a few other bloggers. Thanks for writing this and letting me know I was not alone in these thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BG ... welcome! ... as you can see you and I are in good company .... many other bloggers go thru this as well. It's not the first time I've hit this bump in the road but it is the first time its lasted so long ... and I am pretty new to all this as well. .... nj

      Delete
  4. The disconnect is brutal! I have discovered if I can find it in me to 'go with the flow' and suppress the sharing that I am not really in the mood it helps. B knows when we have a disconnect, but that is the added dominance bonus, to continue on despite this.

    Mind you these discoveries didn't happen overnight for me nor did his steadfast mindset concerning pushing through the blockage of disconnect. AND it doesn't always work. LOL.

    I agree with PK assessment too. I found that sometimes B was more focused on us time when we were limited to privacy. Sort of like seeing family members who live out of town more often than those in town- lol. )

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Willie ... Although I am sure we'll get the hang of all this as we go along, it is good to know all you more experienced gals have gone (and still go) thru this as well. ... nj

      Delete
  5. Ah, the written word has so many wonderful effects. Glad you picked up that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leigh ... Ha! ... I don't think I would have or have had a sex life without the written word ... nj

      Delete
  6. Hi, NJ!
    The power of the mind, huh? When the brain is not in a romantic, sexy, submissive mode, neither are my nether regions! Then a little of the right kind of reading gets our imaginations going in a new direction (or an old, but good one).
    Remember back in the day when we would read or watch things on tv that spoke of the wife not being ready for sex in the evening because of all her duties (and career) that pull her in so many different directions, none of them sexy to her? But then the husband is almost always ready for sex or wanting it? Well, that romance she needs to during the day is missing. And in your case, reading d/s type things seem to be your "romance." Many a man has benefited from his woman reading a good sexy book! And then we women benefit, too! Woot!
    Now, are you going to share with us your playlist? Wait a second.... I might never see some songs the same way again.... never mind!
    Great post..... keep chasing that disconnect away, you two!
    Hugs,
    Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, my friend ... yes, erotic fiction, especially D/s is my romance ... as for that playlist ... beware, I have rather eclectic music tastes ... as in all over the music map ... oldies, folk, country, pop, alternative and new age. In this case, it was tracks from Enigma's album, Love Sensuality Devotion ... mostly instrumental as I don't like wordy music interrupting those intense thought processes :)) nj ... xx

      Delete
  7. This sounds like a wonderful way to reconnect. Glad it all worked out, I’m now off to look up those books! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurel ... if you haven't found them already, I'll shortcut your search ... the series is one of a set of 3 trilogies called The Black Combe Trilogies ... I have read a couple other standalone books of hers as well. Haven't been disappointed yet ... nj

      Delete
  8. NJ,
    Disconnect drives me crazy when it happens. We do get it back together, but not without angst, sometimes words and then, a reset. It happens and it will happen again. However, you and Frank know what to do. Great post!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know you still encounter this, Meredith ... or maybe not ... its not something I want to have to keep doing over and over. We are on our way back ... we've started back at ground zero ... daily morning spankings ... reset/RA ... call them whatever you may, they are helping me find the road back ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Nora Jean, happens to us all, that dreaded disconnect. Glad you salvaged the situation, those are great books! There are four sets of those three, I loved them
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four sets? I'll have to look again. I have found three ... yes, I'm really enjoying them as well ... thanks, Jan ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  10. OH the disconnect. When i have to deal with students / work / parents and siblings fighting... i sometimes cant wait to run into BIKSS's arms and get swallowed up by him, but some days i just feel like i need to shut down and be alone in my head. I feel bad when I tell him i'm not much in the mood for anything, but he's really good at just "being there" and not pushing it and letting me have my space. The magical thing is that when he does that my heart melts and it touches me in a way that makes me feel "little" and wanting to connect with him again.

    I particularly like how Frank handled that last bit of conversation! Had me smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fondles ... happy for you that your man knows when to just be there as well. And yes, some of the things Frank comes up with these days amazes me. He seems to have a good sense of intuition for all of this ttwd ... although I do have to remind him occasionally to follow that intuition, when he confesses he is uncertain of next steps. ... nj

      Delete
  11. Oh, I love this post - and it looks like we all know about the dreaded disconnect. It's wonderful that you were inspired to reconnect and that he was able to do it with so much passion - and so effectively. Just feeling happy for you over here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Olivia ... its comforting to know I'm in such good company ... or maybe not ;)) and yes, it was a pretty amazing night ... thank-you for the happy thoughts! ;)) ... nj

      Delete
  12. Hi NoraJean,

    What a delightful way to end the day. I find that a little erotic reading before bed puts me in the mood quicker than anything else.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hermione .... reading erotica has been my go to libido starter for years. With the advent of online access to reading material, my 'library' has expanded significantly :) .... Frank and I both enjoy your Top Shelf series ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  13. Looks like I am the odd man out. I stopped reading D/s fiction once we started living this life.

    I am sorry to hear about your disconnect, we are currently in that head space over here. Reed is trying to find our way back. The other day I was sitting on our bed on my phone when he walked over, reached down into my shirt, twisted really hard, held on tight, forced me to look into his eyes and said, " I want you back. And I am going to get what I want".

    It is often so difficult to have the head and heart in sync. Often my body complies but the physicality alone isn't always enough to capture the mind.

    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Evelyn ... interesting that you would stop reading erotic fiction after heading down the ttwd path. Hope you and Reed have pushed thru your disconnect and are back to where you need to be ... nj

      Delete
  14. Hi NJ!
    Trying to find my way back to blog land and back to life. This sure helped. :) Love the idea of adding music. What a great way to turn the mind away from the outside world to focus on what is happening at the moment.
    The disconnect is painful. Last week Eric was so playful on the phone I found I was over the top craving him and looking forward to every second with his voice in my ear. This week, it's all been stories about issues he has at work. He won't be back home until September 12. Trying to hold my own...
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy ... as I write this ... 6 more sleeps ... you can do it! ... and yes, I use over the ear, bluetooth headphones ... adds a little sensory deprivation on one hand and an increase in mood making on the other. .... nj ... xx

      Delete
  15. Ahhh those books any TTWD type- always send me into the right mind space! However, I get how that disconnect happens! Life isn’t always easy. Sometimes that means our head space needs to move around so we can have some fun!
    Glad it was good for you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle ... Disconnect hits the hardest for us when life gets busy ... on one hand our lives are full and satisfying but when it takes away from having quality time together, trouble sets in. In this case, the reconnect was perfect! ... nj

      Delete
  16. I had a period of not being in the right headspace last week. Harry knows the signs nowadays and restored my equilibrium with a reset. There’s nothing better for putting my world to right.
    I have to say that Frank’s method sounds mind-blowing and did the trick for you, aided and abetted by the reading matter.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry has your number for sure, Rosie (we need another notes from Rosie's journal post :)) ... since posting this post, Frank has been applying a little daily reset ... that seems to have us back on track ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  17. sounds wonderful...the plans -whatever they were - worked :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plan or no plan, it was a great night, Terps ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  18. sounds like a lovely end to you day being in the right head space and Frank doing all those delicious things to you.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindy ... good to hear from you ... yes, it was a fun night ... Frank knows how to push all the right buttons :)) ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  19. NoraJean, wow! :) We have been having a disconnect, and wow, that would be a great way to fix it. So glad that you had such an amazing time. :)
    EsMay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi EsMay ... it was a awesome night, EsMay ... it won't be the way to fix every disconnect but it was perfect at the time :) ... nj ... xx

      Delete