Translate

Friday 21 December 2018

We Wish You a Merry Christmas ...

... so sorry ... I started the promised Part II of the last post several weeks ago but then got lost in the run up to Christmas and didn't get back to it. Let's call it done and gone for now and I will catch everyone up in the new year. 

It has been a whirlwind around here ... literally ... our usual November storm season waited a month to arrive. For the past two weeks we have seen wave after wave of rainy windstorms (some with 60-90 km winds) blow through - causing three power outages in the last ten days, the last one resulting in a rescheduling of the youngest munchkin's Christmas Concert and the postponement of several of the power requiring items on the Christmas to-do list.


To add to the fun, again the youngest, brought his best germy cold home to Gram and Grampa's ten days ago. We were initially thankful we only got a mild version of it. However, by the Sunday of last weekend, Frank's version had turned into a nasty hacking cough. For four days running he coughed constantly ... resulting in not much sleep for either of us and sadly he missed all the kids' Christmas concerts. And because he hasn't been well, there has been no spanky time or sexy time for several days. 



So here we are today ... four days to Christmas. By this morning, Frank was still coughing here and there but generally he was feeling a bit better. 

I was at the dining table, contemplating the pre Christmas chores of the day when Frank sat down beside me. I'm not a Grinchy Christmas hater but I have to admit I no longer look forward to the season like I once did.  I wasn't exactly in an enthusiastic mood ... 



"How are you doing?" ... he asked sitting sideways in the chair ... 

See sad faced me ... "Okaaay"

He swung my chair around to face him, pulling it and me in between his legs ... 

"Yeah???" ... his eyes searching my face ... "What's wrong, Babe? ... talk to me ... "

"Sigh!! ... I miss you when you're sick ... when you are, you're not yourself"

"Well I'm feeling better now ... what's up?"

I shrug ... "I don't know ... you know Christmas isn't my favourite time of year ..."

"Remind me again ... why is that?"

"I feel like sometime around the end of November, a to-do list starts that never ends until Christmas arrives ... I'm just tired"

He puts his hands on my cheeks, coming in for a kiss ... then sits back ... 

"Well I can fix that ... " 

... he reaches out and pulls me from my chair, heading toward the bedroom which is next to the kitchen, pushing me ahead of him. 

I am protesting, knowing exactly what he's got in mind, not sure that is the answer right now ... 

"Nooo, I don't feel like it" ... 

"Nope ... come on ... pants down" ... he settles on the bed, pulling a pillow toward him on the other side of his legs. I push my yoga pants down.

"All the way" he says, "to your ankles" ...

"Over you go" ... toppling me over his lap ... 

He's stroking my bum when, with a smile in his voice, he says ... "I think we need Rudolph Red ... what do you think?"



"Whaat!?" I protest again ... but he starts in on my bum with stinging hand spanks ... 

... and then he starts singing ... his spanks keeping time to the words (he has a good voice ... thank goodness!) 

... the spanky translation of his singing is ... 

Spank spank spanky spanky spank spank
Spank spank spanky spanky spank spank
Spank spank spanky spanky spank spank
Spanky spank spank spank spank!

No Rudolph Red was achieved but his sense of humour and silliness won me over ... hugs and kisses followed and I immediately felt better ... 

Only four more days to go 'til Christmas ... I will get there as I always do :>)) and I am very happy to have Frank back to his normal self - helping me get there!

Frank and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!







24 comments:

  1. NJ, I was grinning the whole way through this story! I know how much you love Frank's singing voice... that he changed all the words to spanky is hilarious! Glad your guy knew how to get you back into the Christmas spirit. Merry Christmas to you and Frank! Hugs! Windy and Storm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Windy ... I told Frank he gives me all the best lines to turn into posts :>)) ... as does Storm often does for you. I write this relaxing in my easy chair, watching Christmas tv ... all is done and we're ready for the big day ...

      Merry Christmas, Windy and Storm! ... hugs!
      ... nj & Frank ... xx

      Delete
  2. UGH -- I know how you feel about the guys getting sick ... it always puts me totally off my game... as I am told regularly I worry too much -- so it's always good when they start to feel better.... the world spins on it's axis again.

    I hope you and Frank have a good holiday with lots of memories with the family....and that your 2019 brings spanks and loves and laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Morningstar ... Frank is still coughing and hacking, altho' other than that he's feeling ok so he's back to his 'normal' Dom/HoH self :>))

      Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year! ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  3. There is nothing like a good spanking to get you in the festive mood NJ!
    Wishing you a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Glenmore. I have to say, the spanky effect still amazes me! :>))

      Hope you have a great Christmas! ... nj

      Delete
  4. NJ,
    I agree.......... it is an exhausting time, but always fun and festive. I love Frank's solution. He knew exactly what to do. Merry Christmas to the two of you.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frank almost always knows exactly what to do. Together we got it done. Now it's time to relax and enjoy the holiday.

      Have a wonderful Christmas with your Jack, Meredith!

      Hugs! ... nj

      Delete
  5. Hi NJ,

    I'm sorry the weather has interrupted Christmas preparations and activities and that you and Frank have been sick. The lead up to Christmas is busy and stressful enough!

    The ending to this made me smile and giggle. Glad Frank made you feel better.

    Wishing you, Frank and family a very Merry Christmas. Hope you have a wonderful day celebrating with family and friends:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to have given you a giggle, Roz! Yes, I felt better then and he's kept me on the straight and narrow since. We are done! and ready for the big day tomorrow.

      Have a fabulous Christmas with your Rick, Roz ... hugs! ... nj

      Delete
  6. I agree about the list from Novemember until 7 pm Christmas night. LOL. Last week B said, " You're wound so tight"...duh? LOL. He then proceeded to tell me " It will all get done and if it doesn't no big deal"...Can you believe it? Is he NEW here????NO BIG DEAL? He later apologized saying he knows it is a big deal to me- then beat the snot out of me. LOL

    I swear every year I'm going to be ready earlier. B made an excellent point though, whenever I am, I add more sh*t to the list. LOL.

    Merriest of Holidays to you!
    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Willie - I think most women put too much Christmas on their plates. I have got better over the years but the stress still pops out when the timeline starts running out.

      Merry Christmas to you and your Barney, Willie. Have a great holiday! ... nj

      Delete
  7. I hear you NJ! I feel like it is a dead run from our Thanksgiving to New Years!

    Here is hoping Frank feels completely well within the next few days!

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Boo ... Frank is still has quite the cough altho' he is feeling all right otherwise.

      As I write this all is done and we are relaxing and ready for the day.

      Merry Christmas to you and your Sheriff! ... nj

      Delete
  8. Christmas comes the same time every year and still it seems to be a rush to get everything ready...maybe next year!
    I wish you both a wonderful Christmas, and may the new year bring good health, joy, and many blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurel, for your holiday wishes! ... the rush is finally over in our house and we are relaxing with our feet up. The kidlets will invade us late tomorrow morning and the fun will be begin.

      Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year! ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  9. I quite enjoy the silly fun spankings - it's a great way to get me to feel better if I'm in a mood.

    Glad you got some fun times too.

    Have a merry Christmas and a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fondles ... Frank always amazes me with how much he does make me laugh and of course, laughter is the best medicine for many a situation, including spanky ones :>))

      Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! ... nj

      Delete
  10. Hope everyone is feeling better. It can be a stressful time of year, but everything will get done. And once everything is complete I hope you can just relax and enjoy the time. Love the rudolph the red nose reindeer spanking - nothing like a little laughter and a spanking to relieve stress. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is complete, Terps and yes, we are relaxing .. by the fire (literally :>)) watching Christmas tv.

      Have a wonderful family Christmas and I look forward to more of your Thankful Thursday in 2019! ... hugs! ... nj

      Delete
  11. I'm happy to know you are well cared for even when everyone isn't quite up to par. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, PK! ... Have a wonderful time with your family during the holiday season ... nj

      Delete
  12. It seems that a few of us have been over our husbands’ laps to establish calm, nj. I think Frank gets the prize for his innovative method. How could anyone fail to lift their mood after that spanky rendition of ‘We wish you a merry Christmas?’
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Frank.
    Rosie and Harry xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ... I am sure this season is prime time for stress relief of the spanky kind, Rosie!

      Have a wonderful Christmas with your Harry! and a Happy New Year! ... nj & Frank ... xx

      Delete