Translate

Monday 31 December 2018

A New Year ...

 ... those fuzzy days between Christmas Day and New Year's Eve have drifted by yet again - I tend to 'crash' once Christmas Day comes and goes and this year was no exception. However, all of a sudden I realized I really should be putting up a post to close out what I think I can say is one of the most memorable years of our life ... that being the discovery of DD (again I scratch my head as to how I was oblivious to 'this' for so many years, given we dabbled in BDSM for nearly 20 years); and the wonderful world of ttwd blogland including all of you out there, who live this life and support each other and the newbies, such as my friend Windy and I.

... this will be a first for me ... an off the cuff, spur of the moment post ... I am usually very methodical about crafting a post ... the usual process being several draft versions reviewed over at least a couple of days before sending it off into Blogworld. Today being New Years Eve, I don't have time for that, so you are being exposed to the free wheeling thinking, and writing Nora Jean ... :>))

I'm a bit bittersweet about it being the end of the year. In an over his lap spanking this morning, my man decided it was a good time to talk about how I was feeling about the pending new year ... Haha! .. trust me, the discussion parts for me, came before and after the spanking - he's got quite the hand on him now ... and I am a wimp - not a fearless spanko like many of you out there ... unless there is something sexy and kinky going on during the spanking. Hence my discussion points at the time of the spanking were 'owowowow!!' ...  he was the only one making any sense 'during' :>)) 

I 'fessed up that I was feeling a bit blue ... kinda sad but not really depressed. The last two years have been exciting beyond anything I ever expected at this age of my life (2017 was my discovery of erotic romance novels which in turn, rekindled our sex life big time, followed by the early 2018 DD/ttwd discoveries). Life, including our ttwd version, has become more 'normalized' in the past few months and as a result I told Frank I wasn't sure we would ever be able to capture that kind of excitement again ... and in retrospect, that was what was making me feel sad. 

However having said that, Jan/Feb have always been 'change months' for me ... all life's big turnabouts and new directions always seem to happen then ... sometimes planned, sometimes not ... so maybe there is something new and wonderful just around the corner that I don't know about ... or as Frank suggested in response ... maybe we can find to find something kinky and new in the BDSM department to try out ... as Windy would say ... maybe it's look out Rocky Road, here we come! ... LOL!

I do know of one exciting January event I am looking forward to. As many of you do, I have a few 'behind the blog' friendships with fellow bloggers. Due to chance and proximity, I will be meeting up with one of those bloggers in person in mid January ... soooo exciting! ... it's kinda like being in an online dating relationship for a year and then finally getting to meet each other! 

I can't let 2018 go without saying some good-byes ... whether those good-byes are heard or not. I realize, having been a blogger for nearly 8 years in the vanilla world, that bloggers come and go ... and the going sometimes happens without warning, because that's what I did ... my last vanilla post was Jan 2016 - I haven't been able to get myself back to it.  

So following this thought ... I miss Abby (finally finding me) - she dropped out of Blogland in early July ... and Jan (An English Rose) ... who followed with her departure in early fall, completely shutting down her blog. I only hope their departures were due to new and exciting life adventures and not due to health or other life issues. I appreciate Abby leaving her blog up as I do read 'back' in her blog now and again ... she was 8-10 yrs in the ttwd life before she started blogging! ... and she blogged for 8 years! - amazing when you think about it ... and Jan ... although not posting much in the year I've been here, she was always there with supporting comments for everyone!

... Good-bye Abby and Jan ... 
may your 2019's be all you wish them to be! ...



Frank and I aren't big on New Years resolutions ... many more of those have been broken than kept over the years.  However, we have agreed to work together to stay on track with maintaining and enhancing our ttwd relationship, including me keeping up with this blog. We will also continue to do what we can to stay healthy as life's timeline is now working against us so it has become an important focus.

We hope all of you have your hopes and dreams, including health and happiness, realized in the coming 2019. 



Happy New Year! ... nj & Frank ... xx


25 comments:

  1. Nora Jean,
    We are just about to head our to dinner this New Year's Eve, but before we go, I wanted to tell you what a great addition you are to our corner of blog land. Hooray to both you and Frank! I have a funny, good feeling that you and I will always be good friends. Here's to a very Happy New Year! Great post!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meredith! ... can't wait to see what 2019 brings! ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely to read your New Year's post Nora Jean.... I have to say I have enjoyed reading all the 'new' blogs this past year -- like a breath of fresh air.

    Wishing you and your family a healthy happy loving 2019

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Morningstar ... a new year ... a new adventure! :)) ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  3. NJ, Look at your long ass post! Woo! Hoo! I love it! I must say you write "off the cuff" quite nicely, my friend. I will be with you, girl, even as you head toward the infamous Rocky Road.... just stay away from the Rocky Mountains or give me a big Canadian heads up if you're going there temporarily! Since I know you and I know that you would never put pictures of your own bum on your blog (or any blog!), I do feel safe coming here should things get a little Rocky. HA! Oh gosh, unless Frank decides to take up some kind of kinky photography in January/February!
    I'm so blessed that we became such good friends behind the blog.... and who knows, maybe I'll run into one day! ;) Hugs and Happy New Year! Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be giving the man any ideas, Windy! ... I do not like having my picture taken ... from the front or back!

      I am grateful for our friendship. I look forward to seeing what kind of mischief we can get up to this year :)) ... hugs! ... nj

      Delete
  4. Hi NJ,

    I enjoyed your off the cuff post, a wonderful reflection on the last year and your ttwd relationship.

    I'm so glad you decided to blog, I always enjoy visiting here and reading your wonderful comments around blogland. How wonderful meeting a blog friend. I would love to be able to meet blog friends in person. I miss Abby and Jan.

    Love your resolutions, good on both of you! Wishing you, Frank and family a very Happy New Year. I hope the new year brings health, happiness and love.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz ... You are amazing! ... you are so supportive of this community. I wish for you, that you could meet someone in person as well. On the other hand, how great is it to have so many friends across the world.

      Wishing you and your Rick a very happy new year! ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year Nora Jean, it’s after 12 here and we are finally in bed after the celebrating. I hope your evening was fun.
    Your post has a real melancholy feel to it for me, I find that the prospect of change has a way of doing that, and two years of amazing, life changing things can be hard to follow. I like that you’re looking forward, and that Frank is there to help you along. It sounds like you’re both working to fine tune your ttwd, and with that in place it’s far easier to tackle whatever comes your way. Keep making it work for you.
    Stay positive, grab the small joys, and look forward to the coming year, we are so fortunate! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurel ... yes, melancholy would be an apt description of my in between holidays mood. I am better now that the new year is underway and the festivities are behind me ... like a slate wiped clean. I have made some small new changes already :) ...

      Wishing you and yours a happy and healthy 2019, Laurel! ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Glenmore! ... looking forward to your new blogging approach ... nj

      Delete
  7. I loved your New Year's post.

    Wishing you and Frank a wonderful year. Happy New Year.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ronnie! ... your year can't be anything but wonderful ... full of all those Gramma firsts! :))) ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  8. Well, it was a heartfelt post even if it wasn't created the way you usually write. I think your little feeling of emptiness could be just the time of year, too. There is always a bit of winter doldrums that hit me. I really think that once Christmas is over, winter should be over, too. Where is spring and that fresh beginning it brings? I am waiting.

    You are such a dear lady and a welcome addition to the Land for sure. I love that you mentioned missing Abby and Jan. I do as well. And I thank you and Frank both for your friendship and advice to Sam and I this year. It's been a tough one, and you helped us through some scary times.

    Much Love,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that thought, Ella ... shall we move the Christmas holiday forward or Spring back? :))) ... haha! ...

      Thank you for your kind words. I am happy that Frank and I were able to help in any way. I have fingers and toes crossed that the end of the month will come and go without a blip.

      And as of today, there is an Abby sighting on Amy's blog. It makes me feel better knowing she is around and about. I hope Jan is doing well also.

      Big hugs! ... nj

      Delete
  9. Love this off the cuff post to close the year, nj.
    Happy New Year to you and yours.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosie! ... Happy New Year to you and Harry as well! ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  10. Awe! I loved your "off the cuff" post. <3 Straight from the heart it seemed. Sounds like you've had quite the adventure these past few years - and getting ready to head in to more. Have fun meeting your fellow blogger! Wish you the bestest year yet. I know I'm looking forward to getting to know you this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shell! ... thanks for dropping by ... I am looking forward to what this new year brings ... and that new blog of yours! ... nj

      Delete
  11. Hi Nora Jean, :) Happy New Year to you and Frank! LOVED reading your post, written fresh from the heart! I'd give it an A+ for sure! Neat way to start 2019!

    I'm with you on the missing Jan and Abby. They both have been around as long as I have been in blogland. They are wonderful ladies, and I truly miss them. I think that it is lovely that you made mention of them.

    I understand your feeling a little sad about, moving through the honeymoon phase of ttwd. I think that I felt that too at one time. The challenge is to find other ways to jazz it up, as you move through time. It sounds like you and Frank have a plan, and that is super! The fun, sexy, spanky interactions always add spice to life, I think. With both of you onboard, I am guessing that you are on your way to a fun year ahead together.

    I've enjoyed reading your posts, this past year! Looking forward to all that you share this year too! Wishing you both a happy, healthy and spanky new year! Many hugs,

    ❤️Katie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Katie ... yes, moving through and beyond the honeymoon phase is a good description of where we are at. I am sure, because many of you who've gone before says it's so :>)), we will find ways to carry on and make it even better.

    Happy New Year to you and Rob! ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year, NoraJean! I am happy for you that the last two years have been so satisfying and life changing. Just as Frank told you, I am confident that you two will find new ways to cultivate the excitement of ttwd throughout 2019!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, PI! ... good to have you back. All the best of the New Year to you and your man! ... nj

      Delete
  14. I hope this year is even better than last year.

    ReplyDelete