Translate

Thursday 29 March 2018

Self Talk Lesson

I had to get the grand kiddos off to school one morning this week so was up and gone before Frank opened his eyes. When I got home he was at the dining table, having coffee and reading on his tablet. I had just sat down to join him with coffee in hand, exchanging good morning kisses, when he suddenly swung his tablet around towards me and pointed at it, asking in a serious tone ... "What's this all about?" 

... gulp! ... momentary panic ensued as I realized he's reading a blog that is not mine but someone else's, with a blog comment by me (the panic is because I worry one day I am going accidentally use real first names). However, a quick read assures me this isn't the case here. I reread the comment ... it's the one I made on Ella's 'Sitting Pretty' post a few weeks back. I had quipped how our men must be buying their rose coloured glasses at the same Men In Love shop.

"It's a comment I made on Ella's blog ... what are you fussed about?" .... however, I knew by now exactly where he was going with this ...

"What's this thing about rose coloured glasses and why are you having such a problem these days with how you look?" I got up and headed to the kitchen while he continued ... "You are a beautiful woman and always have been - I don't understand why you don't see that!" I scoffed and shrugged in response. I then explained that there are many women who have issues with self image but men on the other hand, never seem to notice it when their women change and somehow they still see them in the same way as as they did when they fell in love.

He replied ...  "Well, we've talked about this a few times lately ... you need to stop it or I'll be doing something about it."


So an aside here ... negative self image is a fairly 'new to me' issue as it is something that has come about as a result of aging. I definitely did not go gracefully into my 60's, accepting the all over sags, lines and wrinkles that I face in the mirror everyday. It seemed to happen overnight and I am still adjusting to it all. I say this to explain why Frank is so puzzled about it and why he is now adamant that it needs to stop.

I sat back down and we continued our morning reconnect, with a bit more chatter on this topic and others. I'm now getting a little sassy and teasing, trying to change his serious tone but he was having none of it ..."I'm not laughing .... you missed a spanking this morning and now I think you really need one" was his response ... yikes! ... but I continue to playfully poke him, trying to win him over ... not that I don't want a spanking but I'd rather have something fun than serious. Finally he'd had enough and I got the word ... "Spanking time .... go ... bend over the bed, pants down .... and leave the underwear on, those are mine to take off" .... ooookaaay! .... this is definitely not going to go in my favour!



I don't have the greatest of recall abilities when I'm fully in the midst of getting my butt whacked so I'll have to leave most of this part to your imagination but suffice to say my man's hand spanking technique (still pretty much all he uses at this point) has become much firmer and ouchier. I was definitely gripping my pillow and taking it when I heard "I am a beautiful, sexy woman" .... huh!? ... and then "Say (smack!) it (smack!)" .... really!? ... ok, ok, ok ... I'm getting the message and so I do ... say it, that is ... and even under duress, it's not an easy thing to say out loud. After a bit of rubbing and comfort, spanks commenced again and the same message was delivered and asked for again .... and by now he'd made his point loud and clear! ... after some more rubbing and comfort, Frank then demonstrated his take on the 'sexy woman' part which was then followed by some mutual loving to end the morning lesson.




28 comments:

  1. Now that is a good start to the day. Yes, there are many days I look in the mirror and wonder who that person is looking back at me...but we have earned those wrinkles and sags....hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have indeed ... now I just need to figure out how to avoid mirrors :>) ... nj .. xx

      Delete
  2. Well, I am sorry that it was my post that seems to have precipitated this spanking. I love that Frank was having none of your negativity. Besides any spanking that ends in making love is to be treasured.

    And I loved your comment about rose-colored glasses. It may inspire a post one of these days.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cherish the fact he loves me so. I will be doing my best to turn my thoughts around ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  3. Awww, he is taking care of his love!

    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does take good care of me - in more ways than one! ... nj

      Delete
  4. NoraJean I think all our men have the same rule about us talking negatively about ourselves. I know I've been in the same position for saying I'm fat and ugly.
    Nice way to start your day though.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great finish to a very early morning start :>)) ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  5. I had a much bigger problem with this when I was younger. But I began accepting myself more as I got older. I decided to stop coloring my hair and it quickly showed it lovely silver color. It felt like me. But if you're bad mouthing yourself I'm really glad you're getting spanked for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that you got more accepting as you got older. I'm not sure I could go with grey hair. My Mom coloured her hair until a couple of years ago (she's now 81). I'll probably follow her lead :>)).
      Frank will be happy to have your vote :>))
      ... nj

      Delete
  6. Hi Nora Jean,

    Rick and I have a saying here about how I don't sell tickets on myself lol. He hates my negative self talk too. I'm glad Frank wasn't standing for it and showed you how he sees you. Sounds like a wonderful start to the day :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that your man is looking out for you as well, Roz!
      ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  7. HI Nora Jean, I think this is pretty much a no no for everyone out here. Never mind, at least you got a spanking......
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be watching my mouth from here on in, Jan!
      ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  8. I thank the Lord for a man who still thinks I'm beautiful with my sagging boobs, dimpled bum and thighs, angel wing arms and wrinkled everything else. So glad you have one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. NJ,
    Oh, yes............ many of us are in that same aging boat..... in fact, aren't we all right there! Your Frank does love you. It is very difficult to favor self-love when we face the mirror. This morning I was very pleased with myself pulling on a pair of pants in a size 10. Jack wanted to know why I was wearing those pants, and I gleefully said "because I can and they fit!". These guys do love us and I think ttwd causes us to take more time, energy and effort to please our men and the result is we do look good..... with a whole lot of effort! LOL Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Size 10! ... you must be a itty bitty little thing, Meredith! I don't think I've seen size 10 since I was 10!
      I do pretty good when I'm 'dressing up' ... and I have to say I am doing it more often ... there might even be a couple of 'girly girl' dresses in my closet now :>)) ... nj

      Delete
  10. This is SO sweet. So so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think aging is especially hard when we seem to chug along in a certain appearance for sometimes decades at a time and then suddenly, we look ten years older. Interestingly though, the change is probably more from our internal voice. Feeling broken. Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Amy ... I'm sorry, you sound down ... is Eric still away? ... sending an Internet Hug ((( )))
      Yes, it was very much a sudden change for me and I do realize I need to change my internal voice accordingly ... nj

      Delete
  12. If there's one thing I know - we will always see ourselves with imperfections while they only see the beauty. I know because I've looked back at old fotos with BIKSS and exclaimed that I can't believe how he could have banged "that" and he gave me a strange look and said - what was wrong with 'That'? And I saw SO MANY THINGS wrong when he saw the same person he sees now. Men are strange when they're in love. LOL

    Sounds like a good morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still pondering all this ... it's come to me that maybe we have our own rose coloured glasses ... Frank is definitely not the 21 yr old hottie I first met but I still think he's a pretty handsome guy :>). However, the difference between us is, we women see our own flaws ... men don't really see themselves in the same light ... or don't care if they do.
      ... or maybe I'm just overthinking ... it's a thing I do :>))
      ... have a great day! ... nj

      Delete
  13. I thank Heaven for Harry’s rose-tinted glasses! I truly don’t think he sees the wrinkles or eye bags. The rest of the world can see I’m an ordinary Jane but Harry says I’m beautiful and he’s the one who counts! It took me a while to accept that. Don’t put yourself down; listen to Frank!
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are exactly right, Rosie ... it's what our men think that matters most. I am trying to be as positive as possible (and Frank continues to remind ;>)) ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  14. he loves you and wants you to see you as he does - beautiful. lovely, now you just have to believe him... :-)

    ReplyDelete