Translate

Wednesday 13 March 2019

A Reset ... of clocks and me ...

My 'feeling sorry for myself' post and the often annoying semi annual time change, both happened this past weekend. 



Sunday night I was still in a funk and marched myself off to bed early, only to awaken around 2:30 AM (my long time insomnia issue has finally abated so thankfully this is no longer a regular occurrence). I laid there for an hour, gave up, opened my ipad, futzed around online for 30 mins or so, gave sleep another go, only to not succeed and consequently, do a rinse and repeat until nearly 6 AM. 


Image result for can't sleep images



After finally falling back to sleep I was awoken by Frank leaping out of bed with a, "crap!, it's 8:30 - chickens needed to be let out" and then him asking me why I'd let him sleep in, not realizing I was still asleep (I'm usually the first awake). By the time he was out at the hen house he realized that there is no clock reset for the chickens and they were wondering why he was getting them up a half hour early ... haha! ... the life of a chicken farmer. 


It was just as well we awoke when we did as I now had to hurry and take myself to town to exercise class. Although I wasn't in a bad mood when I got home, I was in a quiet, introspective mood. I silently ate my breakfast, Frank reading at the table with me. Finally, after I was finished eating, he reached his hand out and took mine ... 

"How are you doing today?" 

"I'm ok"

"You seemed a little cranky this morning - sorry, I didn't realize you hadn't slept"

"I didn't mean to be cranky - I was just tired"

He lifted my chin to look at him and instructed ... 

"Go take your pants off and lay over the bed"

I sighed - but he gave me his "I mean business, no nonsense" look, so I complied. 

A few minutes later he joined me in the bedroom and proceeded to take off the rest of my clothes. Without a word, he began spanking - 10 sharp spanks - 5 on each cheek. Then he pulled me up, pulled the bedclothes back and motioned for me to get into the bed. Pulling the covers up and around me, tucking them in, he said ... 

"I want you to stay in bed and get some rest" ... he kissed me and then left, closing the door behind him. I fell asleep in a matter of minutes. 

I woke up not knowing how long I'd slept but was feeling much more refreshed. I debated with myself if I should just get up and get dressed or if should I ask permission ... I decided to ask ... opening the door a crack, peeking out ... 

"Ok if I get up now?"

"Nooo ... get back to bed" was the response ... however, I had to make a slight detour on my way back to bed, which meant I was coming out of the bathroom when he came to the bedroom. Leaning nonchalantly against the doorframe, arms crossed, he asked ...

"Why are you up? ... it's only been 30 minutes"

Laughing, I replied ... "I had to pee ... but really, I feel like I've slept much longer"

"Well back to bed you go ... "

I climbed back into bed, expecting him to tuck me back in again but he climbed in behind me. Turning me around so he was up against my back, he pulled me into him, laying quietly for a few minutes. Then he nuzzled into my neck, whispering ... 

"I want to play with you" ... 


So just some clarification ... for us 'play' doesn't mean 'play' in the fun, horsing around sense ... to us it has a much more serious connotation. This was Frank telling me he wanted a D/s session - something we had not had for quite a long while. It was Frank asking for my consent to proceed ... and I gave it ... 

Out came the big flogger, nipple cups, dildo, and a couple of my favourite vibrators. Twenty years ago, leather cuffs, ropes and ties were very exciting. Nowadays, there is no longer a need or want for physical bondage ... we have what I think of as mind bondage. When Franks instructs me as to what position he wants me in and tells me to stay there or else ... I do as I am told ... 

It was a amazingly hot, early afternoon interlude! ... and exactly the reset I needed ... I may not be a spanko ... but rest assured, I am definitely an old kinkster! 



And today I feel like me again ... the blues gone ... my head back in the game, with my dominant man by my side ... 



💞

... thank-you, as always, for dropping by! ... nj and Frank



26 comments:

  1. Hi NJ,

    Wow, this is so awesome! I'm happy for you:) that sounded like one amazing reset, I'm so glad Frank knew exactly what you needed to chase away the blues. I love that he tucked you back into bed telling you to get more sleep too :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz ... I was definitely in need of a reset. I didn't expect this to be the answer and was amazed how clear my head was later in the day. And yes, I always love it when Frank takes care of me ... gives me that mooshy feeling inside :>)) ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  2. Good for you! May I boldly suggest you still continue with the ideas from your last post? Personally I find it is so much easier to maintain ground than it is to regain ground over time. Hope your blues stay away ( and the snow does here LOL)

    Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thanks, Willie ... I do intend to continue with the personal reset activities I talked about in my last post (PS ... it's sunny and 16 on the west coast ... daffs and crocuses are out :>)) ... nj

      Delete
  3. NJ,
    So glad to hear Frank helped you waaaaay out of that funk! I love the way he took care of you because you do so much for others and are always taking care of your family and friends. And then I love your D/S time together and "mind bondage"....what a clever twist (but not a nipple twist, unless you like that! HA!)..... Glad to see Frank is engaging your most important sex organ --the brain! (although the clit is a pretty good one, too! HA!) Thanks for sharing your wonderful reset with us. You go, girl ! Hugs! Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Windy ... yup, Frank pulled the rabbit out of the hat yet again :>)) and in doing so, thoroughly engaged all my important sex organs ... lol! ... Hugs! ... nj

      Delete
  4. NJ,

    That time change is awful isnt it?

    I am sorry you were in a funk, but am grateful it was short lived! So glad Frank was there to help you find your way!

    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Boo! ... these funks are a winter usual for me - Frank's reset was better than SAD light therapy for sure! :>) ... nj

      Delete
  5. Am so very glad you two hit the 'reset' button :) now if Frank could just find the reset button for the weather -- ugh... it feels as if spring will never come this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weather ... what weather!? ... it's been sunny and 16 here all week ... We'll send it out east once we're finished gloating ... lol!! ... nj

      Delete
  6. Te very best reset there is. Sounds like a wonderful time. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed, the very best, Blondie! ... I really was amazed how uplifted I felt afterwards ... nj

      Delete
  7. Sometimes we hubbies do know what is best... 😊

    peace and love
    1ManView

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Frank generally always knows what's best ... I just don't always realize it :>)) ... thanks for dropping by 1MV ... nj

      Delete
  8. Awww, Nora, I love that Frank tucked you in. That he told you to get back to bed. That he wanted to see why you hadn't. And then that he wanted to play. Wow, you must have been quite content after all that. :) :) :) I want those days someday, when parents are gone and baby girl is off to somewhere for the day. :)
    Hugs, EsMay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you EsMay ... we started this back in the day when there were teenagers in the house ... it's a challenge for sure. I admire those who manage ttwd with kids and others in the house - for sure we wouldn't have been able to do it. One thing we did do was plan so we had at least one two or three day getaway (usually around our anniversary) where we could have a hot time of fun and games - just the two of us. It was something we looked forward to every year ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  9. Sweet, sweet, sweet!! I love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olivia! ... it was indeed a sweet time! ... nj

      Delete
  10. so glad you feel renewed and back to yourself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed at how renewed I did feel, Terps! ... definitely a mind reset for sure! ... nj

      Delete
  11. That is the very best kind of bossy, NJ. When your man knows what you need better than you do, it is not only a reset, it makes the bond stronger than the day before. Frank's got your back, my friend. And your backside.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure does, Ella ... lol! ... there was a repeat of of an even better time a couple of days later ... I think I should be good (in more ways than one :>)) for awhile ... hugs! ... nj

      Delete
  12. NJ,
    Please forgive my tardiness. We have been away. I stress exactly what Ella has written. Take care.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meredith! ... hope you had a good time on your travels! ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  13. Awe NJ. I love this post so much for so many reasons. First -- I love how he made you rest. That, with a warm botton. Heavenly sleep with a smile on your face, yes? Matt does that to me too - makes me rest. I always feel so guilty resting. But when he demands it -- I enjoy a sweet guilt-free sleep.

    But even more so -- your use of the term "mind bondage." We were just discussing that very thing this week. I like the bondate of his words. My obedience is a bondage in and of itself that requires strength and determination. Yes, he could bound me -- but I so enjoy the thrill and display of my determination to simply "be" because he said so. I was reading that and uploud saying "Yes! Yes! Exactly!"

    What a great post. I'm sorry it took me so long to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shell ... so happy you got something out of this post ... what is interesting is the term 'mind bondage' was something I pulled out of a hat as I was writing ... it was not anything I'd read about ... just a term I used because I thought it fit as a good description of what we do. Then a couple of days later, reading on another blog ... I saw the same term ... lol! ... I guess it really is 'a thing' and now that has me thinking and researching about the whys and wherefores and differences between physical and mind bondage ... maybe it will turn out to be post material ... lol! ... doesn't everything :>)) ... nj ... xx

      Delete