Translate

Sunday 27 May 2018

Anniversaries to remember ....

It's our wedding anniversary later this week ... 44 years ... sheesh! ... saying that out loud is a little scary. I don't feel old enough for it to be true ;)) However, no matter the number, our anniversary is always a fun time of year for us ... one we look forward to celebrating with a tradition we started ~36 yrs ago ....

... Our Hotel Sex Anniversary Getaway! ...




It was in the early eighties that I came up with the plan that turned into an annual event. Hotel Sex is a phrase I've heard many others use since .... ahhh, hotel sex, wink, wink, was often a response we'd get when we told someone we were heading away to a hotel for a couple of days. I think Amy (of Eric51Amy49) also referred to it, in a comment on one of my blog posts, as "getting to dress and parade around a place you don't live, followed by hot sex" ... and I would add ... "where you can get away from the everyday noise of life and pretend you are someone else ... no one knows you so who cares what you do".





My plan arose, of course, as a way for us to spend quality time together, with no distractions ... and to give Frank some focused sexy time I couldn't seem to manage often enough in everyday life. Just the thought of hotel sex had my old friend Lola Libido skidding around the corner, making a most dramatic entrance ... not only for the prize event, but for all the weeks long planning that went into said event. There was lingerie and clothing to purchase, new toys to investigate and buy, and plans to be made to surprise Frank. Spring was a happy, sexy time in our household ... now it's Spring all year :>))




Frank has complete long term memory recall which means he can probably quote you chapter and verse as to what transpired on every getaway we had ... some of them are his fondest memories ... "do you remember, Babe, when we ... " (or more likely it's, "do you remember when you ... " as most often, he's looking for a repeat performance :>)).  

I don't have the same recall but I do know I used those weekends to make up for Ms Libido's and my absenteeism the rest of the year. I don't think there was a fantasy of Frank's that went unfulfilled.



Most years we aim for a resort type destination. This year we are delaying a week and heading to the big city to combine our getaway with Frank's high school reunion. The reunion is not a huge event so we will have lots of time to spend together doing whatever else we desire! 

An anniversary gift box is packed with new playtime goodies, the identity of which I won't share here as Frank reads my blog. I am sure we will have a blast ... and perhaps this year, with us both newly in ttwd land, even more so ... if that's possible! 




Happy Anniversary, Frank! ... I've got plans, Baby! ... oxox

15 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to both of you...and look at the two of you..'still happy after all these years'..maybe even happier! Hotel sex...think I have discovered something M and I been missing...thanks.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Nora Jean and Frank! I love your tradition of an anniversary getaway and hot hotel sex, there's nothing like it :) How wonderful that if anything, you are even happier now :)

    Have a wonderful time and enjoy the reunion :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the phrase, "Hotel Sex" as it implies everything you just said! LOL I saw that in my blog feed and was like, I"m going over to NJ's blog NOW!

    I love this part, "Just the thought of hotel sex had my old friend Lola Libido skidding around the corner, making a most dramatic entrance ... not only for the prize event, but for all the weeks long planning that went into said event." Isn't it crazy how that can make us.... well, kind of go crazy in a good way with the sex and all.... LOL

    And, "Now it is Spring here all year long."
    Awwww, NJ. YAY for you and Frank!!! Happy Anniversary !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NJ,
    I love the term Hotel Sex! Happy Anniversary to you two lovebirds.

    We have had plenty of hotel sex anniversary stays and I loved all of them. It is always such a special, sexy time. You become the two people who once were so new at all this. Add a little quiet ttwd and it is magical. Congratulations!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this sounds like a fun time! Happy Anniversary to you both. Enjoy your time away and each other. I look forward to the post describing it all, or at least some of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary to you both! Have fun....
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOH how fun and exciting. Happy Anniversary to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary to you both! It sounds like so much fun. Please be sure to share the highlights with us.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary to you both. Know you'll enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds to me like you know how to celebrate! If it's this good a 44 you better eat your Wheaties for 50!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Abby .... I'm almost sure you and M haven't missed a thing. It sounds to me like your man is pretty thorough :)) ... however, a night at a hotel can be a fun thing to plan and do. Take him away for a night ... he might like to be on the surprise end of things one day ;))

    Roz ... It sounds like maybe you and Rick have a hotel night memory or two ;)) We will have a great time, I'm sure.

    Windy ... Yes, I do seem to go a little crazy this time of year ... and it never gets old ;))

    Meredith ... I'd be surprised if you and Jack hadn't had a 'hotel sex' anniversary or two or three ;)) I am looking forward to finding out what kind of magic the ttwd factor will add ... quiet or not :)

    Laurel ... I'm sure I will have a tale or two to tell :)

    Jan ... Thanks! ... we will!

    Fondles ... Thanks! ... it is always a fun time.

    Hermione ... thanks for dropping by! ... I will keep you all 'posted' re highlights :)

    Leigh ... thank-you ... we will.

    PK ... ha! ... yeah, Wheaties may be required, altho', I try to not think that far ahead ;))

    Thanks all, for the anniversary wishes! ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I never knew it had a name, but we have certainly had our share of "hotel sex." May I humbly recommend one of Ronnie's travel canes as they are as quiet as a mouse. Just be sure to have your face in a pillow so you stay quiet, too.

    Happy Anniversary, Nora Jean!
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you have had your share of HS, Ella and Sam! ... Spanky canes can go to the back of the class, thank-you very much. I'm sure Frank will figure out something ... being in a hotel has never stopped him before :>)) ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  13. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terps ... we had a wonderful evening out the actual day of our anniversary. We are now on the eve of our little adventure to the big city .... squeeeee! ... I am sooo excited to get away for some hotel alone time with my man! ... nj ... xx

      Delete