Translate

Sunday 29 July 2018

An Ella Meme from Terps

Something tells me the summer time Blogland doldrums are here given the meme posts cropping up here and there. Earlier this month, both Terpsichore and Hermione posted this one, authored by Ella. I thought it might make for a good mid summer post for me as well ... 

1.  Name a place where you have always wanted to make love with your partner. 

I am practical and as such, realize most idealized, romantic places to make love wouldn't be all that sexy in reality ... you'd be getting beach sand up your crotch, pine needles in your backside, the bugs would be biting your butts and airplane bathroom spaces are too tight as are back seats of cars. Give me a nice comfy bed anyday ... doesn't have to be my own bed ... just needs be comfortable. 




2. What is your least favorite implement for a discipline spanking?

A skinny little bamboo tomato stake I've take to calling the 'Whippersnapper' ... it hasn't made an appearance for a while and it can stay gone! 


Not as innocent as they look!

3. Name or describe a piece of lingerie in which your husband loves to see you. 

In our case the question might be better put as "name a piece of lingerie he doesn't love to see you in" ... granny panties .... and even those he likes to see once in awhile. He is, after all, my special Lingerie Man. There is one piece I don't have that he would like me to get ... a black garter belt with 6 garters, and of course, to go with it, black seamed stockings 



4. Do you favour silver jewellery or gold? Besides a wedding ring, do you have a signature piece that you wear often or even every day?

Silver ... almost all my jewellery is silver. The only jewellery I wear regularly are earrings and occasionally necklaces, almost all bought from my two favourite precious metal artists as I can only wear precious metal earrings. One of the artists, a silversmith, makes some very sexy jewellery where she incorporates romantic and erotic quotes into her work ... which you would only see if you looked closely at the piece. I wish I could share her words and her website but it would be too revealing for me to do so. 

Frank and I have not worn wedding rings for years. Him because of his type of work. Me, because I lost the stone in my set over 30 years ago and we never bothered replacing it. I wore my Gram's ring set for a few years before opting to give it to one of the kids. We don't miss having rings nor do we want replacements. 

5. What was the worst job you ever had?

My first real job was as a receptionist in a place called "Lovely Lady Figure Salon" ... it was a ripoff scam business that sold 'fitness packages' to use their 'weight loss' machines which were supposed to remove fat through motions of said machines. They sold to every and anyone, including elderly people. I hated how people were ripped off and as a result I never wanted to, and never did, work in direct sales (other than retail).




6. Is there something your husband does (or doesn't do) around the house that drives you crazy?

Just one teeny, tiny thing ... he almost always never closes a kitchen cupboard door after he's opened it. He partially closes it, leaving it open an inch or two ... why? ... I have no idea. Now, post ttwd, I just close them behind him. 

7. What is the hardest thing you ever had to learn? Could be school, career, life, or even ttwd.

Learning to listen to others and to not interrupt ... I think fast and it often leads to me finishing sentences of those I'm in conversation with, or if a thought comes to mind I want to blurt it out before I forget it. I still have to tell myself to slow down, take my turn and focus on listening. 




8.  Besides a spanking, tell us something that always brings a tear to your eye. Could be a movie, a song, a memory, or something else. 

When I was in my thirties I lost someone very near and dear to me. He was a pilot, who died way too young. Whenever I fly, on takeoffs and landings, I say a little hello and good- bye to him which always makes me teary. 




9. What was your favorite grade in school (K through 12) and why?

Grade 7 ... it's when this tomboy discovered boys really were the opposite sex and somehow very attractive

10. As a child, did you have a favorite stuffed animal or doll that you took to bed?

Never

11. What was a make-believe game you loved to play when you were a kid?

Cowboys, cowgirls and anything to do with horses. We had a long bouncy log in our yard that served as my pony for many years.



12. Look in your closet. Is there a lot of one particular color? Are you drawn to that color when you shop?

The basics are black or denim, teamed with colours of teal blue, green, peachy pink, orange or red. In the winter I wear pashminas of varying colours. 

13. What is your favorite alcoholic beverage? What is your favorite soft beverage?

Red wine, although I do love a martini or G&T in the summer. For non alcoholic beverages, it's Coke or carbonated  water.



14. If you could have your dream job for a day, what would it be?

I have it. I'm an artist who sells work commercially



15. Describe your wedding gown. If you didn't have a gown, tell us about what you wore. If you were going to get married again, what would you pick today?

Empire waist, scoop neck, long sleeves, white silk under, overlaid with lace and made by my best friend, maid of honour and room mate ... our apartment was a sewing centre for many months.

I am married to the only man I will ever marry so no need to speculate what I'd wear the next time around because there will never be another wedding (and Frank gets annoyed when I say that ... he always figures he's going first and doesn't want me to be left alone and lonely :))

16. Tell us about your first car! How old were you? Did you give it a name? Do you remember how much it cost?

Army green 1969 Datsun 510 with beige interior ... I was 18 yrs old ... it was a no name car that cost $500 and my Dad took me to the credit union to get my first loan to buy it. 




Thank-you, Terps for resurrecting this meme, to Hermione for reminding me to add pics just for fun, and to Ella for creating it! 

... Hope you all are having a great summer! ... thanks again for dropping by ...  nj

18 comments:

  1. Hi NJ, I have been awol from blogland lately due to tech issues and am just trying to catch up. Love this meme and enjoyed reading your answers. Love your jewelry, and that the artist incorporates quotes into pieces.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to have you back, Roz ... you were missed more than you know. I thought maybe the new job was taking up all your time ... glad your tech issues are resolved! ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  2. Glad you had fun with this meme, NJ. I do love writing them. A garter belt and black stockings would be popular at our house, too. Wish my bottom looked like the one in your illustration.

    Always love learning what floats around in other blogger's heads. The one about your little hello and goodbye to a deceased pilot got me a bit teary as well.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too, Ella ... I'd like a bum like that ... altho' Frank won't want to hear that ... rose coloured glasses, et al ;))

      It's a great meme ... open ended questions always make for good conversation :) ... hugs! ... NJ

      Delete
  3. Loved reading. Gonna have to find time this week to do this meme, it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing your answers, Leigh! ... nj

      Delete
  4. I have loved reading your answers. These memes give us a different glimpse of you as a person, thanks for sharing them.
    I also have a love of silver and favour it on a regular basis. If for whatever reason you ever decide to share your favourite jewellers name I will be here to catch it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel ... silver has always appealed to me ... gold seems a bit too gaudy. My Grams wedding ring set was/is a beautiful filigreed platinum ... also another favoured precious metal ... but not quite as affordable as silver ... Glad you enjoyed the meme and answers. ... nj

      Delete
  5. HI Nora Jean, loved your answers, nice meme.
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. NJ,
    I laughed at "whippersnapper!" I knew black and red would be in your lingerie colors. Always love learning more about you and being reminded of the sweet things I already know. Hugs! Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't be laughing if Storm brought one home from the the garden store, my friend! :))) ... bendy but not breakable like the dowelling rod ... hugs! ... nj

      Delete
  7. I love reading memes, we learn so much about our blogging friends, both old and new. Enjoyed learning more about you, NJ.
    BTW, the extra two suspenders (garters) on a six suspender belt get in the way of a spanking. Harry likes the look but has to undo them before getting down to business!
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know, Rosie ... although I'm sure Harry is like Frank ... he likes the undoing as much as the viewing :))) ... nj ... xx

      Delete
  8. NJ,
    Loved reading your answers! These memes give too much away for me. Loved your answers!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Meredith! ... I think Ella did a pretty good job with this meme ... nothing too revealing but fun to do. Hope you've had great visit with your ttwd friend ... hugs ... nj

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved reading this..it is still in my to do folder. Grade 7 huh...love the reason why...when I was teaching the 7th graders seem to come in as 'babies' and then by January were in full blown pre-teen, discovering that very same thing you did about each other....YIKES!! lol..hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  11. loved reading more about you :-) Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete