Translate

Tuesday 6 February 2018

Whence We Came ....








I think it really was love at first sight. Me, a tall (5'8"), skinny 16 yr old with big boobs; first Socials class of the year, in a new school, in a new city. I was sitting with a friend I'd met over the summer, when in he strode, books under his arm (I've always loved his confident walk). He was/is not very tall (5'8") but so good looking ... dark hair and full moustache ... not a boy but a man. I slowly turned to my friend and asked, big-eyed ... 'who is that!' 

Turns out he really was a man ... he was almost 21, coming back to school to pick up a class he hadn't completed. Later in the day I saw him casually leaning up against a railing in a stairway, chatting with someone. As I passed my visceral reaction was to slip my hand around his waist. I did not, of course, but by next class I'd moved across the room to where he was sitting. By end of that class, he'd asked me out and within a week we were 'going steady' and by the end of October, he said he wanted to marry me ... and in a little less than 3 years, it was so ... we've been together for 47 years this fall and married for almost 44 of those years. 

And and yes, he was a boob man which I'm pretty sure is how I got his attention. I say 'was' deliberately because over the years, he's turned into a bum man :)) ... 




7 comments:

  1. Nora Jean,
    I love your story and your blog. Welcome to Blogland. You will find us a close, loving group of people who will always be there for you.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I so enjoyed this memory of you meeting your Frank. Already see that you love to write. I could see him leaning up against the railing. Smiling at this love story, Nora Jean. Welcome to the party.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blog land....thanks for sharing the beginnings of your love story...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi NoraJean,:) Welcome to this corner of Blogland! I enjoyed hearing about how you and Frank met! I agree with Ella. Your words had me picturing what you wrote about, as if I was watching a little movie. So sweet! Loved the part of Frank's change from boob man to bum man! So funny! Looking forward to reading more. Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Nora Jean that is so sweet. Love at first sight by sounds of things.
    Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindy ... Nice to meet you. ... thanks for stopping by ... and yes, it was love at first sight! ... nj

      Delete
  6. Oh, love at first site! Yay! ... just getting started here... moving onto the next post!

    ReplyDelete